Monday, December 03, 2007

christmas memories

today's blog challenge, brought to you
by carla @ SAL. ;)

what are your favorite things about the
holidays?

there are so many things
that i looooove about this time
of year-----
SIGHTS:
lights
pine cones
snowmen
stars
angels
trees
ornaments

SOUNDS:
christmas music
salvation army bells
nativity story

SMELLS:
cinnamon
live trees
fresh baked goodies

but one of my favorite things is
the memory of christmases past....
my grandma was in the salvation
army for years....and so her
fave christmas song was
"Silver Bells". everytime i hear
that song, i'm reminded of her.

isn't it a great time
to let someone know how much
you love them & what a "gift" they
are to you???

i *heart* christmas! ;)

3 comments:

Sarah E. said...

Such a great blog! It is a wonderful time to tell people what a gift they are to you so I will start. Your friendship is such a gift. I cherish it! Enjoy the holiday! :)

Alicia Sharp said...

Sara I love the same things! People seem to get so caught up in the gift bying and not really enjoying the sights and smells of Christmas!

Carla said...

Great sentiments and memories! I do cherish our friendship! Merry Christmas my friend.