Sunday, June 22, 2008

are you smarter than a 5 year old??

here's a little background to lead up
to this story:
our 5 year old thinks that anytime
jesse has his shirt off, he's "naked".
we've tried & tried to convince her
otherwise, but she refuses to believe it.

so today, jesse was in bed without his
shirt on and i was in the bathroom.
daniela walks in and this is the conversation
that follows:

Daniela: "Why are you naked, Daddy?"

Daddy: "I'm not naked, squirrel. I've just
got my shirt off."

Daniela: "You are naked, I see you." pause.
"OHHHHH! I know why you're naked! You
were making out with mommy!!!" giggle-giggle

Daddy: (laughing) "Mommy wasn't even in here."

Daniela: "You were making out with her and that's
why you are naked." (still giggling)

Daddy: "What do you think making out is?"

Daniela: "It's when you kiss each other."

Daddy: "Oh. I see."

Daniela: "And you're naked. And mommy has to be
naked too." (giggle-giggle)

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!! How can
this be in the mind of a 5 year old????!!! Of course we
denied & the worse part of all is that we REALLY
weren't doing ANYTHING............... this time. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, your Daniela sounds like my DD at that age. She would be totally shocked and cover her eyes when she saw a man riding his lawn mower with his shirt off.

It was hard for her to grasp that men could go topless while women could not.

Kelly L said...

LOL . . . that's too funny. My DS at about 10 years of age told my parents one time that he walked in on us having sex. I was flabbergasted, because I knew he hadn't. When questioned further about this sex stuff, he said it was when a man and woman were in bed together, and the daddy has his arm over the mommy. LMBO . . . guess we get *lucky* more often than we know. ;) Kel