Tuesday, August 21, 2007

just some thoughts about....

life, friendship, love, sadness,
loneliness....all the things i'm feeling
today.

why can't i just be happy with all the
stuff i have & my family & my online
friends...why can't that be enough?

today, i'm learning that letting go of
the past is much harder & much more
painful than i ever imagined it would be.

you know, the irony is that 7 has always
been my fave number for as long as i can
remember. the number of completion.
so maybe it's perfect that i made friends
over the past 7 years that i now have
to let go.....it sucks, though. it hurts to be
alone.

oh, i know. i'm not really alone. i've got jesse
& the kids....and of course, i have my online pals
who i'm eternally grateful for. so why is it so
hard to put the past behind me & appreciate
what i have...not what used to be?

3 comments:

Carla said...

Honey you have more friends than you will ever know that love you and like you for who you are! The rest...well who cares :)

shadows of life said...

thanx, carla!! i know you are one of my BEST friends ever & you treat me better than my own family!! I love having you in my life!! :)

Alicia Sharp said...

The past really is hardd to let go! It takes time but you will eventually get there1 Trust me I know! You know youcan count on any of us!!!! We love ya!!